Saturday, October 11, 2008

My quote for the Firebird conference Ending

"In the early days of my career, I wondered why software engineers and their managers occasionally traveled when we had email, instant messaging, wikis and video conferencing. Gradually, I've figured out that face-to-face meetings facilitate trust, collaboration and unity more effectively.

For me, the success of this conference re-emphasizes the value of face-to-face communication."

http://lwn.net/Articles/300306/

I can repeat the same for the conference , why I went there and when i could use emails/gtalk/skype ? Maybe is another sense that we have developed and you can't trust people if you don't see them , also the communication is better when you are not in the office . My problem now is going back to normal stuff or
routine doing stuff that usually must be done it's like going from heaven to earth . Going back to daily work . Now i understand better what is the future of firebird and maybe i understand better what core developers are thinking and what is on their roadmap and maybe i can help with that.

No comments: